Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Any parents struggle with brushing their kids teeth...?

Any parents struggle brushing their child's teeth? I think every parent has probably said yes to this question at some point! There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to get that toothbrush in your kids mouth and wash out all those nasty little "sugar bugs'! My son started out allowing me to brush his teeth every night at about the age of one...then TWO hit!! What turned into a fun night of brushing our teeth, turned into one of our biggest struggles! Night after night I continued to attempt to brush his teeth...little by little he would allow me to brush more...but not enough to know he was going to bed with clean teeth.

Time and time again, I continue to hear Dr Kim tell children's parents, "At night time, let your child brush your teeth,  while you brush theirs." Don't ask my why I didn't take this little piece of advice home with me the first time I heard it, but boy do I wish I had! Brushing our teeth at night has finally turned into a success and looked at as a fun activity before bed time now. My son feels so proud and accomplished when he brushes 'mommy's' teeth, and I feel relieved and happy knowing he's got clean teeth too!

Any of you out there who have kids, bring them in! We would love to help and offer any advice to make your life easier!!

Tawni D.
Dental Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment