Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Nervous Patients

We have the most amazing patients! Just added a few new patients in our office and it is so rewarding to connect with new people.
I had this older married couple come in this morning. It has been a long time since they were into the dentist and you could tell they were both a little nervous. The husband went back first for his cleaning and I could just tell that his wife was struggling with being here. She was also concerned with the cost.
I noticed on her paperwork that she brought in that we had our physician in common so I decided to tell her I go to the same doctor and how wonderful I thought  they were. Turns out she has been with them for 15 years. I could feel her fear melting away as I took the time to listen to a few of her stories and engage in conversation with her. She went from looking uncomfortable to relaxed and by the time she went back for her cleaning she was actually smiling.
She did have to have a deep cleaning and some bridge work . She accepted the deep cleaning today and even though she was given an option for a partial as a cheaper alternative she elected to have the bridge done.
I heard her tell her husband that we have the same doctor in common. When they left they told me how happy they were with our office.
Stories like these just make me so happy to be in the dental field.

Shelley Crocker
Olympia Family Dental

No comments:

Post a Comment