Friday, May 8, 2015

The key to a successful dental practice!
After having practiced dentistry for over 15 years, I've learned a thing or two about how to run a great dental practice.  This has come through trial and error. Many will define success in different ways, however for me, success is defined by my overall satisfaction w/ how the office is doing.  This can be quantified by how productive we are, how happy the patients are, how happy the office staff are, how low is our business overhead, etc.  The number one key IMO in achieving any kind of success begins with having an amazing team that I love to work with and that enjoys working together.  Without an amazing team, it is difficult to achieve any of the other goals effectively.  It begins with the hiring process.  The key is to hire slowly and to fire quickly if needed.  When I hire, there is only one question that I need to ask all of the references on the resume.  I ask the previous employer this one valuable question!  "Would you hire them again"!  If every employer answers- YES! to this question, I know that I have found a winner.  They tend to be hard working w/ a great "can do" attitude.  They tend to be team players and they leave their drama at home.  They do not gossip and they want to preserve a fun and healthy work environment.
This kind of a dental team actually makes me want to come to work! Patients can sense the unity and camaraderie in an office that enjoys working together.  I attended a workshop put on by one of the directors of the Ritz Carlton.  They are known for exceptional service.  What I learned from them was that, they don't take average people and try to change them or to train them to be a certain way.  They make sure to hire correctly in the first place.  That means, hiring happy people w/ the right attitude. What I have just shared can be utilized by any business owner or leader for putting together a winning team.

No comments:

Post a Comment