Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Why I enjoy dentistry so much!

I am always encouraging young people to consider a career in dentistry whenever I can.  Often times people ask, "how can you look into a person's mouth all day".  To be honest, it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I could do a dental exam and eat my lunch at the same time if I had to:)  I believe a good career choice has to do with personality fit.  I am the type that likes to get things done and I do not procrastinate.  In dentistry, we are faced with problems (ie-tooth problems/pain) and our job is to fix it right away.  This is very rewarding for me.  There is instant gratification and satisfaction.  We are also constantly creating and for someone who enjoys art, this is also very gratifying.  Previous to being a dentist, in almost every job that I have had, I would always be watching the clock.  I can honestly say that dentistry is the only job that I don't watch the clock incessantly.  Each procedure is a project and we are focused on completing the project to the best of our abilities.  This makes the time literally fly by!  As a dentist, we are meeting people "all day long"!  For a social butterfly like myself, this makes my job very exciting versus having a sedentary job such as a book keeper or someone who works in a lab by themselves.   As a dentist, one must also be a business person.  I have to run a business, hire employees, keep track of accounting, marketing/advertising, etc.  This allows me to be an entrepreneur which I find to be very fulfilling.  Best of all, we are able to help people who are in need.  Have you ever had a toothache?  Well if you have, then you know how nice it is to see a dentist who can quickly take you out of the pain.  So if you are looking for a rewarding career, feel free to contact me at anytime and I'd be glad to share with you more about what a career in dentistry has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment